6.23.2006

Name twin


I decided to jump on the blog-wagon today and google* my own name to see what sort of scandalous person has my same namesake. Interestingly enough, it brought up links to things about ... well, me. The first hit was a directory page from the newspaper I haven't worked at for 18 months now. Either they found someone with my same name to replace me or you can try me at my old extension ... Perhaps, it's forwarded to my cell phone. I should try and call it next time I have a great story idea. The next few hits were to Web sites where my writing has been praised or trashed -- mostly the latter, I'm sad to admit. The majority of those stem from a little controversy from the fall of 2004 that I covered as a journalist. You can tell them not to shoot the messenger, but that doesn't mean they won't send you hate (e)mail or create Web sites dedicated to discrediting you and your family and several people you've never even met but who are apparently paying you to write things in their favor. Finally, I was happy to discover that there is an actress by my same name though she has no head shot or, well, acting credits to her name. Interesting. I already feel like we have so much in common.
*Mental note: Create a billion-dollar business one day that results in a new verb.

1 comment:

Leslie said...

mrs dub, just thought you should know, but i don't have your email address, when i googled your name, i found a link to this very blog. you may want to look into that. kind of scary.