6.27.2006

Me Mum


A hearty happy birthday to my dearest mother, who is aging gracefully and still the apple of our family's eye. She's jet-setting to foreign locales this evening, just another sign that she's not slowing down. She is a great example to me as I embark on my mommyhood, and I can only hope that my own daughter will love me as much as I love her. (And hopefully not go through such an obnoxious teenage phase as I did, which somewhat alienated us between my 11th and 15th years of life.)
In honor of her, I was baptized 19 years ago -- a decision I'm still quite proud of and trying to live up to. I could try to do another sacred tribute today, but it's almost noon and I still haven't showered, which just seems sacrilegious. (Though I have been swimming, which my mother knows I have often considered to be a bathing equivalent.)
Thanks for all you do, dearest Mooda.
I'm so glad you're my Mumsie!

No comments: